Friday, April 16, 2010

My First Blog

Wow, alot has happened since I got the acceptance email to go to Cambodia. I recieved a $1000 grant from the One Wold Foundation and fundraised $1000 so far. $1500 to go!!

Here is how this trip came to be. I recently began asking myself "Am I working towards my goals and dreams" and my answer was yes, but I could be doing alot more. I recieved an email from a co-worker about The One World Foundation and their summer program. After I checked out their website and read more about the program I knew it would be a great opportunity. I submitted my application with the hopes that I would be considered. The following week I participated in my first conference call with the program founders and organizer. I was so nervous that my husband held up a sign to remind me not to use ummm in my conversation..lol. Thanks Babe!! I had to wait two weeks before I got a response and remember telling Richard that I didn't think I would be picked and him saying "yeah right". When I told my mother I applied she cried out of fear for my safety. I told her to relax because I hadn't got picked yet but she said "you get picked for everything" and shortly after that I got the good news. I stared at the email for what seemed like forever and it slowly hit me that this was really happening. To be honest the first couple of days were filled with mixed emotions. I was excited, sad, anxious, nervous and scared all at the same time. After having many encouraging conversations with my husband, a lot of praying and finally recieving my trip packet about the details of my trip did I feel more at ease. Now I can't wait to go on my trip and wonder about all the new experiences I'll encounter. I also look forward to sharing my getting ready for Cambodia adventures and keeping you all posted. Right now I am planning a fundraising event and will let you know how thats going in my next posting. Peace and Gob Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment