Friday, June 4, 2010

Im in Cambodia!!!

CRAZY!!!! Still cant believe I am here. It is 9:30 on a Saturday. Officially 11 hours ahead of NYC time. I have been here for 5 days now and its been amazing. I pay roughly $3 for a meal and $7 for western meal. My roommates and I take a tuk tuk to commute which runs us a $1 each. The main mode of tranportation here is a moto. The street here are full of them. Its is pretty scary to walk down the street or even cross them. Its so funny we have to wait for an opening and pretty much rush to make our way across...I know it sounds pretty dangerous but the people here dont seem to mind. Everone wears long sleeves or long pants even when it is boiling hot outside...Me, I have been sweating my a** off!!..lol. Its hot and humid with patches on rain since we arrived. We went to tour tiny toones this week and got to see where I would be working for the next 2 months. Its a dope atmosphere but the condidtion of the space has me weary..but I'll have to make do. We also went to a performance by Tiny toones. They had some bboys from Paris who helped run the show. It was a really good show and cant wait to meet them all on Monday. We were lucky to catch the show because they only do 1-2 shows like this a year. I will be posting some of the videos today. This weekend I hope to go sight seeing and make plans for the next couple of weekends. I love skype..I payed $7 to make unlimited phone calls to the US and get to text from my yahoo account. Gotta love technology!! It helps me from getting too home sick. Cant wait to start work and share all my crazy experiences. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment